DATE AND TIME:
By Appointment Only (20-minute meetings held between 9:00a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Thursday, March 5, 2020
The Business Engagement Center (BEC)
The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
801 I Street, NW, 12th Floor
Washington, DC 20001
Small businesses with operations relevant to the Healthcare and Corporate sectors as outlined below, may register for consideration for (1) in-person meeting with 3M.
The selection process is at the sole discretion of 3M and is based upon 3M’s review of each small business’ registration profile, the required submission of the small business’ capability statement and questionnaire. Registration details are outlined below. Review this page carefully, prior to registering.
3M is an innovative company consisting of four core business groups:
Below is a list of the most applicable business groups.
• Health Care – This group spans the continuum of care and includes medical solutions, oral care, separation and purification sciences, health information systems, drug delivery systems, and food safety.
• Safety & Industrial – This business group serves the industrial, electrical and safety markets. It consists of personal safety, adhesives and tapes, abrasives, closure and masking systems, electrical markets, automotive aftermarket, and roofing granules.
• Consumer – This business group consists of home improvement, stationery and office supplies, home care, and consumer health care.
The 3M Supplier Responsibility Code outlines 3M’s basic expectations for our suppliers in the areas of Management Systems, Labor, Health and Safety, Environment and Ethics.
Please review these questions in consideration of your company’s capabilities:
• Can your company demonstrate that your business operates in full compliance with laws, rules and regulations of the locations in which your business operates?
• What do you have in place to ensure that your business fosters a safe workplace?
• What do you have in place that ensures that your business upholds the human rights of workers and treating them with dignity and respect?
• 3M has environmental standards. Are you willing to integrate environmental responsibility into your operations to safeguard the health and safety or workers and the public?
• Does your business have standards around ethics?
• Do you have systems in place to protect confidential information?
• Has your business ever had tax liens or been delinquent in filing taxes?
• Any pending/past judgements or liens against your business?
• If required, does your business have insurance?
• If in the business of manufacturing, does your company have a quality manual?
• 3M has a “No Counterfeit Material” requirement. Do you have processes in place to ensure that counterfeit material will not be sold to 3M?
• Does your business have traceability of components down to the lowest tier supplier?
Health Care Questions:
Please review these questions in consideration of your company’s capabilities:
• Capability statements including NAICS, CAGE, DUNS and a listing of all applicable socio-economic certifications.
• Do you have regional and/or national coverage?
• Do you have your own warehouse?
• Submit Monthly Chargebacks & Tracing via EDI1867.
• Product must be ordered electronically from 3M health care customer service (EDI 850, 3M Order Center, or Print to 3M).
• Which group Purchasing Organizations are you an authorized distributor?
Applicable NAICS Codes:
Category NAICS Description
Health Care 334510 Medical cleaning equipment, ultrasonic, manufacturing Health Care 339112 Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing
Health Care 339113 Surgical Appliance and Supplies Manufacturing
Health Care 339114 Dental Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing
Health Care 423450 Medical Dressings, tapes and supplies (except household first aid kits and non-surgical bandages) merchant wholesalers
Health Care 532490 Medical equipment (except home health furniture and equipment) rental or leasing
Health Care 622110 General Medical & Surgical Hospitals
Health Care IT 518210 Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services
Health Care IT 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
Health Care IT 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
Facility Services 561210 Janitorial Services & Supplies Emergency Relief
624230 Disaster Services (Respirator Masks)
3M also purchases the below categories.
• Assembly, Packaging, Filling Goods & Services
• Papers – Pulp, Release Liners, Reposition-able, Treated/Untreated Backing
• “Molding Goods & Services
• Professional Services – Consulting, Education/Training, Advertising/Merchandising, & Business Process Management
• Site Services - Janitorial, A/V, Lab, Office Supplies & Lawn”
• Converting, Tape & Abrasives G&S
• Electronics & Metals – Not Raw Materials
• IT – Hardware, Telecom & Services
• Logistics – Air, Freight, Rail, Marine & Road
• Polymers – Films, Gums, Foam, Rubber & Re**sins
To be considered for (1) of (13) one-on-one meetings, the registration process is as follows:
Step #1: Complete registration** form:
- Only (1) representative per small business may register for consideration by clicking the “Register” button, located at the upper right-hand corner of this event page. No more than (1) registered company representative may attend the event. There is no exception, so please plan accordingly.
- Each registrant must upload the company’s capability statement as separate files to his/her registration profile.
- The capability statement must include the following company details: NAICS, CAGE, DUNS and a list of all applicable socio-economic certifications.
- You may upload your documents during initial registration or if you choose to do so at a later time please follow the instructions below:
• Log-in to the Events Dashboard
• Click the drop-down menu by your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
• Select “Upload files”
• Upload each file separately to the “Upload Capabilities Statement or Brochure” and “Required Event Document” modul**es.
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. EST Monday, February 10. There are no exceptions for late submissions. Please ensure the accuracy and completeness of the questionnaire prior to submission.
Step #2 Registration Re**view:
- 3M will review all registrant profiles along with the submitted materials.
- If 3M selects a registrant for a meeting, the registrant will be notified (via e-mail) no later than Tuesday, February 18. Please be vigilant.The e-mail will include the confirmed 20-minute appointment ti**me.
Step #3 Preparing to Attend:
- There are only 13 available meeting appoint**ments. Registrants selected for a meeting must be available and flexible for the entire event window (9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). This is in consideration of the confirmed meeting possibly taking place during any of the available 20-minute appointment times on that date.
- These meetings are held in-person. As such, conference calls or virtual meetings will not be coordinated in lieu of an in-person appointment.
- Confirmed registrants should only make/confirm travel arrangements, once he/she has received an e-mail stating this his/her meeting is confirmed and has been added to his/her schedule in the Events Dashboard.
- The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) is located in the Chinatown area of Washington, DC, and here is a link of area hotel accommodations.
- If selected for a meeting, each small business representative is strongly encouraged to:
•dress in business professional attire
•bring at least 5 copies of the small business’ marketing collateral and literature, inclusive of the capability statement that was submitted during the time of registration
•bring business cards
- There will be no Wi-Fi or audio/visual equipment made available during the meeting, so each representative is strongly encouraged to bring printed materials for reference.
- For admission to the office building, the participating representative will be required to show a valid, government-issued photo I.D. There are no exceptions.
- Participants with confirmed appointments, should arrive to the office building at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled meeting to allow appropriate time for security processin**g.
- If you have questions about the virtual event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-46**1-4694