VA Direct Access Program - Schneider Electric Subcontracting Opportunities on Energy Performance Contracting Projects Virtual Business Opportunity Session
VA Direct Access Program – Schneider Electric Subcontracting Opportunities on Energy Performance Contracting Projects Virtual Business Opportunity Session
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Virtual Session Recording:
To access the session recording, please click the link below. The access password is 7iNm2xc _ https://veteransaffairs.webex.com/veteransaffairs/lsr.php?RCID=e16716b1a72693c27757b012c62a4e98_
The Schneider Electric Energy Performance Contracting Team seeks to establish relationships with small businesses with a proven track record in Federal project subcontracting related to the business sectors, NAICS, capabilities and Federal agencies as outlined below, and have the outlined socioeconomic designations. This event is a precursor to the Virtual 1-on-1 event scheduled for September 2021.
Business Sectors Schneider Electric targets small businesses associated with the following business sectors for this opportunity:
· State and Local Higher Education
· Civil Government
· Military Installations
· Defense, Security and Justice
· Federal Health
· Commercial and Industrial
Applicable NAICS Schneider Electric targets companies that specialize in operations related to the following NAICS codes: NAICS Description 236210 Industrial Building Construction 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction 238210 Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors 238220 Plumbing, Heating and Air-Conditioning Contractors 238990 All Other Specialty Trade Contractors 541330 Engineering and Services 541620 Environmental Consulting Services 561210 Facilities Support Services 562910 Remediation Services
The following trades are of interest to Schneider Electric:
· Advanced Metering Systems
· Building Envelope
· Cyber Security
· Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
· Renewable Energy and Resiliency
· Solar PV
· Water and Wastewater
Agencies Schneider Electric targets companies that have past performance or current operations with the following Federal agencies: · Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
· Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
· United States Army
· Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
· General Services Administration (GSA)
· Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
· Department of Transportation (DOT)
· Small Business Administration (SBA)
· Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
· Defense Security Service (DSS)
· Department of Education
· Department of Energy
· United States Air Force
Contract Vehicles Schneider Electric currently holds the following contract vehicles:
· DOE IDIQ – Generation 2
· DOE IDIQ – Generation 3
· USACE MATOC
Desired Federal Socioeconomic Classifications Schneider Electric encourages companies with the following Federal socioeconomic classifications to participate in this opportunity:
· Veteran- Owned Small Business (VOSB)
· Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
· Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
· HUBZone Small Business (HUBZone)
· Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
· Small Business (SB)
· Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs
· Minority Institutions (Mis)
State & Local Socioeconomic Classifications: Schneider Electric encourages companies with the following state and local socioeconomic classifications to participate in this opportunity:
· Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
· Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE)
· Small Disadvantage Business Enterprise (SDBE)
· Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
· Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
· Minority - Woman Business Enterprise (MWBE)
· Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual or Transgender (GLBT)
About Schneider Electric
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. We make process and energy safe and reliable, efficient and sustainable, open and connected. We are a people company. We privilege partners and partnership in everything we do.
Schneider Electric’s Energy and Sustainability Services - Energy Performance Contracting
What is energy performance contracting?
Energy performance contracting is an innovative funding method in which an energy service company (ESCO) partners with clients to take on a long-term project that tackles maintenance backlogs and facility improvements with energy efficient solutions, using the energy savings generated to pay for the larger project scope.
Once an ESCO performs an energy audit, they make recommendations on where and how to improve operational and energy efficiency. The projected energy savings are guaranteed by the ESCO for the length of the project and the funds can be applied to further infrastructure updates, implementing state-of-the-art technology, and enriching the lives of those who live, work, learn, and play in your community.
Schneider Electric is an ESCO committed to helping schools, universities, military installations and municipalities reach big ambitions through energy savings performance contracts (ESPC).
These types projects offer many long-term benefits such as improved facility efficiency, occupant comfort, sustainability, financial management and environmental protection. Over the past 26 years, Schneider Electric has successfully implemented more than 750 ESPC projects across the nation, saving its clients more than $2.5 billion.
Three Phases of an ESPC
· Development – Schneider Electric partners with subject matter experts for design and engineering of projects
· Implementation – Schneider Electric seeks trusted subcontracting partners to install the recommended energy conservation measures (ECMs) associated with the ESPC
· Performance – Schneider Electric seeks subcontracting partners for long-term OMR&R (operations, maintenance, repair and replacement) of installed systems and equipment for the life of the performance period. (upwards of 20+ years)
If you have questions about the virtual event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-461-4694.
Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of application statures, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it's a plain language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help.