VA Direct Access Program - Magellan Transport Logistics Virtual Networking Roundtable Session
Registration is now closed. If your firm is selected by Magellan Transport Logistics for an appointment, you will receive additional correspondence from the Hosts and the Direct Access Support Team no later than Friday, July 17, 2020.
VA Direct Access Program - Magellan Transport Logistics - Virtual Networking Roundtable
Date: Tuesday, August 4 – Thursday, August 6, 2020
Time: By confirmed appointment only, 20-minute sessions from 9:00am - 4:30pm ET
Location: Via virtual format powered by Cisco Webex with audio and video capability
Registration Deadline: 12 PM EST, Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Note: Your registration is ONLY for consideration to be selected by Magellan Logistics Transport for a limited number of 20-minute virtual meetings on August 4, 5, or 6. You must fully complete your profile and click Submit to begin
the meeting consideration process.
Magellan Transport Logistics is seeking small businesses with capabilities falling under the following sectors of transportation and logistics: Commercial, Defense, Security, Justice; Federal Health, Civil Government and State & Local/Higher Education, to prime and subcontract to its clients. Magellan Transport Logistics is a third-party logistics company and is not seeking to work with other third-party logistics companies/brokers at this time.
· Only (1) representative per small business may register for consideration, and only that (1) registered representative may participate in the virtual session, if selected by Magellan Logistics Transport.
· Note the capability statement must include the following company details: NAICS, CAGE, DUNS and a list of all applicable socio-economic certifications.
· Registration closes at 12:00 p.m. EST, Tuesday, July 7
NOTICE OF SELECTION
· Small businesses selected for meetings will be notified via e-mail messaging from the event registration system, no later than Friday, July 17. Further information can be found in your event dashboard by logging back into the event tile.
· A final confirmation with the event logistics will be sent via e-mail from the Direct Access Support Team.
· If you have questions about the event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-461-4694.
Small businesses with operations aligning with the following NAICS codes, capabilities, agencies, contract vehicles and socio-economic classifications are encouraged to attend the virtual session.
484121 General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload
484110 General Freight Trucking, Local
484122 General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload
484220 Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Trucking, Local
484210 Used Household and Office Goods Moving
484230 Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Trucking, Long-Distance
482111 Line-Haul Railroads
488210 Support Activities for Rail Transportation
488490 Other Support Activities for Road Transportation
481112 Scheduled Freight Air Transportation
492110 Couriers and Express Delivery Services
492210 Local Messengers and Local Delivery
541614 Process, Physical Distribution, And Logistics Consulting Services
488991 Packing and Crating
238910 Site Preparation Contractors (Equipment rental, construction, with operator)
238290 Machine Rigging
238990 All Other Specialty Trade Contractors (Crane Rental with Operator)
532412 Construction, Mining, and Forestry Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing
493110 General Warehousing and Storage
493120 Refrigerated Warehousing and Storage
561210 Facilities Support Services
561613 Armored Car Services
· Drop Trailer Capacity - across all transportation equipment types • Flatbed equipment – specialized, open deck, standard
· Straight Trucks / Cargo Vans
· Cold Chain
· Reefer Truckload, LTL, Consolidation
· Less Than Truckload
• White Glove
· Final Mile Deliveries
· Drayage Carriers
· Liftgate Equipment (both Dry & Reefer)
· Chassis Repositioning
· Government Clearance Drivers (Public Trust and above)
If a small business is not already cleared, the small business may demonstrate
an interest in pursuing a clearance
· Carriers interested in hauling partials / few pallets orders
· Warehouse & Consolidation Networks
· Riggers, Cranes, and other specialized installation equipment/ laborers
· Cross-border services– US, Mexico, & Canada
· Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AAE) approved carriers
· Finished Pharmaceuticals approved carriers
· OCONUS shipping
• Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
• Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
• United States Army
• Dept. of Health Human Services (HHS)
• General Services Administration (GSA)
• Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• Department of Transportation (DOT)
• Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
• Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
• Defense Security Service (DSS)
• U.S. Department of Education
• U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
• United States Air Force
• U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
• United States Navy
Desired Federal Socio-Economic Classifications:
• Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
• Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
• Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB Zones)
• Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
• Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
• Alaska-Native Corporation (ANC)
• Large Business Primes
Desired State & Local/Higher Education Socio-Economic Classifications:
• SBE - Small Business Enterprise
• DBE - Disadvantage Business Enterprise
• SDBE - Small Disadvantage Business Enterprise
• MBE - Minority Business Enterprise
• WBE - Women Business Enterprise
• MWBE - Minority - Woman Business Enterprise
• GLBT - Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual or Transgender
• Large Business Primes
About Magellan Transport Logistics
Magellan Transport Logistics (MTL) is the transportation & logistics solution provider of choice for Government Agencies, Prime Contractors, and Public/ Commercial Businesses throughout North America. A Certified SDVOSB, Magellan provides cost effective, reliable, and customized logistics services to businesses of all sizes.
Magellan Transport Logistics’ team is comprised of 22% Veterans and manages relationships with transportation & logistics partners so clients can concentrate on their core business. Recently honored as United States Senate “Small Business of the Week”, Magellan has grown significantly and is on pace to add over 100 jobs in the next 5 years.
The company’s “No Shipment Left Behind” culture drives processes and delivers cost efficiencies to its clients. We have the technology, experience, and expertise to manage all logistics challenges.
If you have questions about the virtual event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-461-4694.
Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of application statures, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it's a plain language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help.