Direct Access Program - VA Office of Research and Development - Available Technologies for Licensing - Virtual Information Session
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Direct Access Program
Office of Research & Development
Hosting a Virtual Information Session
for Prospective Entrepreneurs and Existing Businesses
Available Technologies for Licensing – VA Technology Transfer Program
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2021
Time: 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm ET
Virtual Format: Powered by Cisco Webex
Virtual Session Recording
To access the session recording, click the link below
The recording access password is: aW2RRSq$
Recording Link: https://veteransaffairs.webex.com/veteransaffairs/lsr.php?RCID=e1fe2a7a853848edfa5cc2d436c4de25
Session Presentation: VA-TTP Briefing for DAP Event FINAL.pdf
The goals of this event are to:
- Inform the Veteran-Owned Small Business community, Veterans considering entrepreneurship and other interested parties about the opportunity to secure commercialization rights to inventions owned by the VA. The licensing prospect is made available using the VA Technology Transfer Program (TTP).
- Communicate available resources and mechanisms for businesses and entrepreneurs to partner with the VA research community through engagement with the VA TTP.
- Provide examples of available commercialization opportunities and success stories of businesses that partnered with the VA TTP to bring real products and services to market for the benefit of Veterans, the public, and the U.S. economy.
The value to individuals attending this information session are:
- Get information about starting a new business based on technologies born out of VA funded research and development. VA TPP inventions positively impact the Veteran community and the public.
- Gain insight about the potential to grow an existing business by acquiring the license for new technology that is ready for commercialization.
- Learn about no-cost services provided by TechLink, the VA’s National Partnership Intermediary for technology transfer.
- Ask questions to evaluate prospects available to business owners and prospective businesspersons via the VA TPP. You will also have a chance to explore partnership mechanisms, get insight about securing commercialization rights and other TPP commercialization support services.
About the Program Office
The VA Technology Transfer Program (TTP) manages the protection and commercialization of VA intellectual property resulting from VA funded research and development activities conducted around the Nation. The TTP works with VA researchers to secure intellectual property protection for promising inventions. It then facilitates the transfer of these inventions to industry through licensing and cooperative research and development agreements. The VA TTP enables new discoveries to be translated into products and services for the benefit of Veterans, the public, and the US economy. The VA TTP seeks industry partnerships with entrepreneurs and businesses for its available commercialization opportunities. Through its National Partnership Intermediary, TechLink, the VA TTP offers no-cost licensing and partnership assistance to interested entrepreneurs and businesses and full access to available opportunities at http://techlinkcenter.org.
If you have questions about the virtual event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-461-4694.
Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of application statures, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it's a plain language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help.