Registration Open - VA Office of Research and Development Virtual Information Session
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Direct Access Program
Office of Research & Development
Hosting a Virtual Information Session
for Prospective Entrepreneurs and Existing Businesses
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Time: 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm ET
Virtual Format: Powered by Cisco Webex
- Facilitated question and answer segment
How to register for this virtual session:
Everyday nationwide, VA scientists, researchers and medical professionals are developing technologies and innovations that offer new tools to support and assist veterans. These discoveries–aiding in the treatment of everything from hearing loss to cancer–are available to businesses to license and then further evolve into commercial products, ultimately making them accessible to veterans.
The process of moving federal technologies from laboratories to the hands of businesses is called technology transfer. The VA Technology Transfer Program (TTP) invites the business community to join this seminar and gain insights on how they can tap into VA innovations, to start a business or evolve an existing one.
This virtual information session is presented and facilitated by TechLink, the National Partnership Intermediary for the VA TTP, offering businesses no-cost guidance and assistance through the technology transfer process. Hear from VA and TechLink technology transfer professionals and learn about available technologies, as well as how to pursue these opportunities to spur business growth while supporting veterans.
The goals of this event are:
• To assure the Veteran-Owned business community and Veteran entrepreneurs are aware of the opportunity to secure commercialization rights to VA owned inventions from the VA Technology Transfer Program
• To communicate available resources and mechanisms for businesses and entrepreneurs to partner with the VA research community through engagement with the VA Technology Transfer Program
• To share examples of available commercialization opportunities and success stories of businesses who have partnered with the VA Technology Transfer Program to bring real products and services to market for the benefit of Veterans, the public, and the U.S. economy
• Opportunity for entrepreneurs to start a new business based on technologies born out of VA funded research and development
• Opportunity to grow your existing business through the acquisition of new technology
• Opportunity to leverage no cost services provided by TechLink, the VA’s National Partnership Intermediary for technology transfer, to evaluate opportunities, explore partnership mechanisms, and secure commercialization rights as well as other commercialization support services.
• Opportunity to develop products and services that lead to positive impact for the Veteran community and the public
Inventions available for license and further commercialization range from relatively simple devices that may be readily manufactured with conventional equipment to more complex inventions such as medical devices, diagnostics, and pharmaceuticals that will require experience and knowledge in the FDA approval process to bring a new product to market. Research and Development capabilities are often required to support the final development of these inventions so they can be realized as new products or services.
237310; 237990; 238120; 311340 ;311999; 313210; 313310; 313320; 314910; 314994; 314999; 315120; 315220; 315280; 315990; 321999; 324110; 324191; 325180; 325199; 325211; 325220; 325320; 325411; 325412; 325413; 325414; 325510; 325613; 325920; 325998; 326122; 326150; 326220; 327110; 327320; 327390; 327999; 331110; 332112; 323311; 332322; 332510; 332813; 332900; 332993; 332994; 332999; 333242; 333249; 333310; 333314; 333316; 333318; 333413; 334415; 333514; 333991; 333992; 333999; 334118; 334220; 334290; 334310; 334413; 334417; 334419; 334510; 334511; 334513; 334515; 334516; 334517; 334519; 334613; 335911; 335921; 335931; 335991; 335999; 336212; 336360; 336411; 336413; 336612; 336992; 337214; 339111; 339113; 339114; 339920; 339999; 423990; 511210; 541330; 541370; 541380; 541511; 541512; 541513; 541690; 541711; 541712 ;541713; 541714; 541715; 541990; 561622; 611710; 621511; 541511; 611420
About the Program Office
The VA Technology Transfer Program (TTP) manages the protection and commercialization of VA intellectual property resulting from VA funded research and development activities conducted around the Nation. The TTP works with VA researchers to secure intellectual property protection for promising inventions. It then facilitates the transfer of these inventions to industry through licensing and cooperative research and development agreements. The VA TTP enables new discoveries to be translated into products and services for the benefit of Veterans, the public, and the US economy. The VA TTP seeks industry partnerships with entrepreneurs and businesses for its available commercialization opportunities. Through its National Partnership Intermediary, TechLink, the VA TTP offers no-cost licensing and partnership assistance to interested entrepreneurs and businesses and full access to available opportunities at http://techlinkcenter.org.
If you have questions about the virtual event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-461-4694.
Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of application statures, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it's a plain language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help.